Experienced IT Administrator with focus on security and best practices is looking for a new challenge in a larger, more dynamic organization. The ideal position would focus on security operations and initiatives on a daily basis, leveraging my experience and security training.
Alliant Insurance Services, New York, NY (January 2015 – current)
Alliant acquired American Benefits Consulting
- Assist VP of Operations and Security Compliance to document and manage our security requirements. Prepared reports and supporting documentation for vendor questionnaires, monthly audits, and penetration testing.
- Remediate all technical issues that arise from these reports and audits. Patches, config changes, Group Policy updates, etc.
- Deployed new security initiatives arising from internal team or client requirements. Key projects include at-rest file encryption, infrastructure redundancy, encryption key management, and disabling insecure encryption protocols.
- Planned and coordinated network migration with Alliant IT. Replaced all networking equipment, workstations, setup Active Directory domain trust, deployed VOIP phones, and migrated email and office file data to Alliant Data Center.
American Benefits Consulting LLC, New York, NY (May 2007 – December 2014)
- Monitor and support our production WWW environment – Cisco ASA firewall, Brocade vTM load balancer, Alertlogic IDS/IPS, IIS web servers, SQL server back-end. Our in-house developed Voluntary Benefits platform supports over 50 Fortune 500 companies and their employees.
- Technical Lead for project moving production and development WWW environments from NY office to SOC 1/SOC 2 compliant data center at Managed Service Provider.
- Setup and manage Google Analytics tracking and reporting for our client sites.
- Deployed and managed automated secure file transfer solution for exchanging data with clients and vendors to support our application.
- Designed Group Policies for new Windows Server Active Directory domain. Tested policies and migrated workstations to the new domain with new servers.
- Deployed Windows 7 on all desktops and laptops. Secured laptops with Bitlocker Drive Encryption and biometric security.
- Installed and configured new Microsoft Exchange 2007 solution.
- Administered 20 server/75 workstation computer network with 50 users.
- Documented network infrastructure and software configuration.
- Scheduled backups, monitored network status, reviewed security logs, and assisted users daily.
Mellon Ventures Inc., New York, NY (August 2000 – February 2007)
- Planned annual IT budget and maintained expense records each year in conjunction with CFO.
- Coordinated annual penetration testing with external auditing firm, reviewed results and resolved discovered vulnerabilities.
- Developed and tested disaster recovery/business resumption plans with VP Operations.
- Reviewed and updated the company’s IT policies and procedures annually to keep current with business needs, security requirements and employee workflow.
- Planned, tested, implemented, and documented IT infrastructure upgrade projects including: Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, and Checkpoint Firewall.
- Performed successful 48-hour emergency disaster recovery of Microsoft Exchange 2000 server after RAID hardware failure.
- Administered 10 server/50 workstation computer network with 50 users in 5 locations.
Visalign Inc., West Chester, PA (January 1998 – August 2000)
- Team Leader for Parke-Davis New Hire Training sessions. Managed 8-10 team members providing on-site technical support for the training sessions. Duties included team selection, team training, scheduling, equipment preparation, and coordinating with Parke-Davis HR organizers. Traveled to training sites to support the IT and HR teams.
- Team Leader for Parke-Davis PC Install team. Managed 5 team members, scheduled builds, ordered new equipment, managed base images, and maintained inventory records.
- Lead Desktop Engineer for Mellon Ventures Inc. Windows 2000 project. Responsible for hardware selections, building base Windows 2000 image, documenting deployment, training the deployment team, and end-user training.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CERTIFICATIONS/MEMBERSHIPS
|SANS Advisory Board Member||GIAC Security Essentials Certification|
|GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst||Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer|
Hardware: Familiar with installation, maintenance and upgrades for: desktops, laptops, servers, storage arrays, printers, UPS, smartphones, tablets, RAID controllers, KVM switches, wireless access points, routers and switches.
Software: Familiar with installation, configuration, and usage of Microsoft Windows 10 and earlier, Windows Server, Microsoft Office, Mac OS X, Remote Desktop Protocol, Internet Information Server, Exchange Server, ActiveSync, SQL Server, LAMP, Brocade, Alertlogic, Checkpoint FW-1/VPN-1, Sonicwall, Palo Alto, pfSense, Cisco IOS, BackupExec, Google Analytics, VMWare ESXi, Ubuntu Linux, SNORT, Bro, Wireshark, TCPdump, Security Onion, and Kali Linux.
York College of Pennsylvania, York, PA
Bachelor of Science: Business Marketing, Academic Minor: Business Management
Activities: WVYC Radio (FM Programming Manager), Ice Hockey Team