Experienced and motivated IT Systems Administrator seeking an administrator position in a challenging computer environment. I am also interested in an IT Security Analyst or similar position with a focus on network security.
- Solid foundation of consultant and administrator experience with proven ability to learn new technologies and applications quickly.
- Multiple certifications and training classes with focus on network architecture and security.
- Wide variety of experience with multiple operating systems, server applications and workstation applications.
- User friendly and able to provide support, training and documentation. Team player, multitasker, and effective time manager.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CERTIFICATIONS
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (Gold)
- GIAC Certified Firewall Analyst (Gold)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (Silver)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (Silver)
- MCSE Windows 2000
- Checkpoint Firewall-1 NG Training Certification
American Benefits Consulting LLC, New York, NY, May 2007 – Current
- Administered 10 server/25 workstation computer network with 25 users.
- Designed Group Policies for new Active Directory domain migration. Tested policies and migrated workstations to the new domain.
- Installed and configured three server Microsoft Exchange 2007 organization. Migrated mailboxes from Exchange 2003.
- Installed and configured Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.0 and Goodlink Mobile Messaging 4.9 servers for mobile email access. Deployed Blackberries and Palm Treos to users, assisting them with configuration and use.
- Documented network infrastructure and software configuration.
Mellon Ventures Inc., New York, NY, August 2000 – January 2007
- Administered 10 server/50 workstation computer network with 50 users in 5 locations.
- Scheduled backups, monitored network status, reviewed security logs, and assisted users daily.
- Configured and managed standardized Windows desktop images with Norton Ghost and SysPrep.
- Completed IT infrastructure projects. Researched, planned, tested, implemented, troubleshooted and documented projects including:
- Windows 2000 Professional to Windows XP Professional upgrade
- Windows 2000 Server to Windows 2003 Server upgrade
- Microsoft Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 and later to Exchange 2003 upgrade
- Checkpoint Firewall-1 4.0 to Firewall-1 NG and later to Firewall-1 NGX upgrade
- Goodlink mobile email server
- Checkpoint Office Mode VPN connection for telecommuting support
- Site to Site VPN connection to Mellon Financial Intranet
- Coordinated annual penetration testing with external auditing firm, reviewed results and resolved discovered vulnerabilities.
- Performed successful emergency disaster recovery of Microsoft Exchange 2000 server after massive hardware failure. Replaced failed hardware, reinstalled operating system, and restored company email from backup tapes within 48 hours. Reviewed incident with management and implemented new policies and services to minimize the impact of a similar event.
- Managed security policies and software deployment using Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Maintained servers and workstations with current security patches using combination of Shavlik HFNetChk and Windows Server Update Services.
- Reviewed and updated the company’s IT policies and procedures annually to keep current with business needs, security requirements and employee workflow.
- Planned annual IT budget each year in conjunction with Mellon Ventures C.F.O. and maintained expense records.
- Configured and supported secure wireless email access for users with Palm and Windows Mobile smartphones.
- Consulted with Mellon Ventures Operations Coordinator to develop disaster recovery and business resumption plans.
- Consulted with Mellon Ventures C.F.O. and Controller in selection of Investran application. Investran is a Microsoft SQL based portfolio accounting/management application for private equity organizations. Deployed and supported this mission critical application and configured appropriate levels of security for users. Worked with Investran developers and Mellon Ventures employees to troubleshoot and patch various issues that arose.
- Traveled to all office locations for routine maintenance and upgrades.
Visalign Inc., West Chester, PA, January 1998 – August 2000
- Traveled as helpdesk representative for Parke-Davis on new internal application rollout project.
- Promoted to Team Leader for monthly New Hire Training sessions. Responsible for the technical side of the training sessions, including team selection, team training, confirming user account creation, and coordinating efforts with Parke-Davis corporate training organizers.
- Presented training sessions to new Parke-Davis employees on use of email, Internet, and remote access.
- Promoted to Team Leader for Parke-Davis Install team. Ordered new equipment, scheduled builds, maintained inventory records and managed 4 team members.
- Reassigned to the Visalign internal Windows 2000 team. I attended Microsoft training seminars, participated in product beta testing, and assisted with internal Visalign Windows 2000 deployment.
- Reassigned to Lead Desktop Engineer for Mellon Ventures Inc. Windows 2000 project. Responsible for hardware selections, building custom Windows 2000 installation, documenting deployment, training the deployment team, and end-user training. Worked closely with the Lead Server Engineer to satisfy the client’s requirements and develop workstation Active Directory Group Policies.
Familiar with installation, maintenance and upgrades for: desktops, laptops, servers, storage arrays, printers, UPS, Blackberry smartphones, Palm organizers, Treo smartphones, Windows Mobile devices, backup tape drives, external hard drives, RAID controllers, KVM switches, wireless access points, Cisco switches and Cisco routers.
Familiar with installation, configuration, and usage of Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Windows Server, Microsoft Office, Remote Desktop Protocol, IIS, Exchange Server, Exchange Server ActiveSync, SQL Server, Symantec Anti-Virus, Symantec Ghost, Checkpoint Firewall-1 and VPN-1, Cisco IOS, Shavlik HFNetChk, Goodlink, Lucid8 GoExchange, Veritas BackupExec, Surf Control Web Filter, VMWare, Winternals Administrator’s Pak, Ubuntu Linux, SNORT, Ethereal, Netcat, HPing, TCPdump, John the Ripper and NetStumbler.
York College of Pennsylvania, York, PA
Bachelor of Science in Marketing, 1996
Academic Minor: Management
Activities: WVYC Radio, Ice Hockey Team